When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s wants in Sharonville. A tankless water heater is a great choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which could save you a lot on energy bills. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use later on, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you may have to with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water comes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element will heat it. Then it travels to the tap, where you end up with hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—particularly for larger homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be high enough to accommodate numerous uses at once. One of our professionals will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their analysis.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many households in the Sharonville area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifespan of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any point.
- Tankless models need much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Knochelmann Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Sharonville home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, expertise and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 859-905-0834
or request an appointment with us online.