Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Sharonville
You might not think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you hope it’s running like it should so your Sharonville basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can stop draining for a few different reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, get in touch with the Experts at Knochelmann Service Experts to investigate the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit running for a couple of different reasons:
- No power
- Lack of maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frozen or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to make sure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not activate when called for.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump turns on and pulls out the water rapidly.
- During dry weather, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Knochelmann Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of safeguard to protect your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at Knochelmann Service Experts to confirm yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 859-905-0834 or schedule an appointment online.