According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The typical cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Knochelmann Service Experts can help by guaranteeing you have a backflow assembly installed to avoid sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Sharonville don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Knochelmann Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the experience, training and proficiency to take care of everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup
- Clogs in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or become congested, make sure to call us at 859-905-0834
the second you identify a problem to prevent as much, potentially pricey, damage to your home and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Make sure you are disposing of trash properly.
- Discarding grease down your drain will result in a blockage in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper materials other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can lead to a backup.
- Have Knochelmann Service Experts install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Knochelmann Service Experts to look for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will eventually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from hindering your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Knochelmann Service Experts today at 859-905-0834
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.