If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The scent of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances hooked up to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- Residents of the home experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are dealing with any of these signs and are worried they could be related to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.
There are cases where the utility company will take care of a gas leak, but in many scenarios the homeowner is liable. Luckily, the professionals at Knochelmann Service Experts are fully trained to install or repair gas lines and we pride ourselves on getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a lot of projects around the house that homeowners choose to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the specialists. It is the only way to be sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Sharonville codes.
From installing gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Knochelmann Service Experts’s years of experience have allowed us to do a variety of gas line projects in the Sharonville community, so no job is too big or too small for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is exit your home and then call 911 promptly. After emergency responders are on their way, get ahold of your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have made certain there is no danger, call Knochelmann Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 immediately if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have a smell and isn’t easily detected. The EPA recommends these steps to reduce exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances correctly adjusted.
- Install and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks immediately.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.