Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Doing proper safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Sharonville.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when used correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe heating by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Knochelmann Service Experts.