Your HVAC system is vital to a sense of comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these features for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with last minute repairs, high energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you could guarantee an uninterrupted supply of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should look into applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to request tune-ups with Knochelmann Service Experts, but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, check out these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems early on: Issues with your HVAC equipment usually progress slowly. When a technician checks the internal components annually, it’s possible to find and fix smaller problems before they become big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the likelihood of a mid-season breakdown diminishes.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that annual maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Encourage home comfort: When your heating and cooling system performs the way it should, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more comfortable humidity in your home.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit grants peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is running safely.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate annual tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan allows access to the quickest installs feasible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance decreases the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan provides a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Thankfully, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you unhappy, the technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Knochelmann Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan features and work with our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before registering. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Knochelmann Service Experts office today.