The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it may still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. A lot of people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and grasp the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you might first consider going the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets costly soon. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and better for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also deliver healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to capitalize on the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Knochelmann Service Experts to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but several of the most prevalent contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that legal water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your faucets, providing you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and increases in the water main after heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in dense cities. However, this disinfectant also adds dangerous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Knochelmann Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Knochelmann Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.