Air conditioners don’t last forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Sharonville, you might be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few factors to think about, in addition to the pluses of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we advise replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to enjoy the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Knochelmann Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the proper advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your house more comfortable and reducing your long-term energy expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Knochelmann Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your entire system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 859-905-0834 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.