Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few factors to think about, in addition to the pluses of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we advise replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the appropriate amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Knochelmann Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any big short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system goes out. You can avoid the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your house more comfortable and decreasing your long-term energy expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Knochelmann Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your entire system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one low monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 859-905-0834 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.