As far as energy-efficient HVAC installation in Sharonville, there’s great news for your family this tax period.
The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit has been extended through 2020. This might qualify you for reductions for energy-efficient home improvements, like modern heating and cooling systems, water heaters and heat pumps.
How Do I Know if My Equipment Qualifies?
To become eligible for the incentive, the residence is required to be the taxpayer’s chief house in the USA. The enhancement should last for five years or more, with the original use beginning with you.
What Types of Enhancements are Eligible to be High-Efficiency Upgrades?
Usually, this tax reduction corresponds with 10% of the expense of the following energy-saving improvements that match certain ENERGY STAR® requirements:
- Advanced main air-circulating fans
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil furnaces
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil hot water boilers
- Energy-efficient heat pumps
- Energy-efficient water heaters
- Energy-efficient central air conditioners
- Energy-efficient metal and asphalt roofing
- Certain exterior storm windows, skylights and storm doors
- Solar/geothermal energy products, like solar electricity, solar water heaters and geothermal heat pumps
Am I Limited to Claiming a Certain Amount?
Yes, there’s a lifetime cap of $500 per location. This means if you have taken this reduction in previous years, you should lower any credit you claimed earlier.
If you’ve previously claimed the top amount, you won’t be eligible for any additional incentives with this expansion.
Credit Caps for Certain Equipment
Credits have a limit for some qualified equipment:
- Windows and skylights—$200
- Advanced main air circulation—$50
- Hot water boilers—$150
- Energy-efficient systems—$300
If you have questions about how you can benefit from the extension of the residential energy efficient property tax credit, download Form 5695 or contact your tax advisor for assistance.
Enhance Your Heating and Cooling System Today
Been putting off upgrading your heating and cooling units? Reach the Experts at 859-905-0834 or contact us online. We can help you select an energy-efficient system you can get tax benefits from the following year.