Building a new home? Upgrading your current system? No matter why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you might shortly learn you have more options than you initially thought. Use this info to help you weigh four different solutions so you can choose the right air conditioner in Sharonville.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what the majority of people bring to mind when they envision air conditioning for the complete house. Central air conditioning moves air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You want nearly silent, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In the summer, heat pumps work similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This may be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your reside in an area with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, rather than a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t utilize (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking quiet, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at a consistent 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this ongoing well of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You want one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the buried loops.
This is another type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an inside blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your residence, or a recent add-on to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling separate spaces.
- You want to get zoning for your residence.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should get? Trust the Experts at Knochelmann Service Experts for all things air conditioning! We can go over your options and help you pick the right one for your needs. Please contact us at 859-905-0834 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate today.