There are many fumes that could be in your Sharonville house. Natural gas and gases that derive from home furniture, flooring and paints. None of these gases are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Call Knochelmann Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 859-905-0834 now to begin shielding your loved ones against this harmful gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?
Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not a matter to take lightly.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you can’t see it, sense it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in little doses and can’t be filtrated.
2. It Can Be Lethal Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can creep into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Depending on how large the leak is and the circulation in a house, the gas can become deadly in only a few minutes.
Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are breathing clean air, it requires five hours to remove it from your body. It will take another five hours to decrease that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mimic Other Illnesses
It can also mirror illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Guard Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several ways you can take to keep your house safe:
- Your residence with at least one natural gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide system. It’s necessary to have a detector on each level of your residence, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide system in your house?
Call Knochelmann Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 859-905-0834 to get one. Ask our techs about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
- If you currently use a carbon monoxide system, consistently check or swap out the batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and buy a new system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide sensor sounds, get out of your residence immediately and call 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Knochelmann Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your residence can be safe from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call Knochelmann Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 859-905-0834 to learn more.