It’s cold out there. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing weather. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor bathrooms and sinks by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Knochelmann Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.