Booking routine AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Tune-ups keep your AC equipment in Sharonville operating at its top performance while keeping energy needs down. It also may even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple things you can finish by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Knochelmann Service Experts, for AC checks and service.
Here are several steps you can do on your own as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that includes a big dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer weather approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to add AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your cooling unit scrubbed and checked out. Hesitating to switch it on until the first hot day of the season can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you may be waiting days for a tech. And that might get awfully uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened cooling system will help ensure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning service could be required for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your AC unit in the best order:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and might reduce your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn work near the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your system, because this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Knochelmann Service Experts at 859-905-0834, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our pros start the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure secure cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from dust and grass.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your system is turning on, cooling and shutting down properly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that involve extra service, we are set to provide you the most cost-effective choice. Locating potential issues in a timely manner can solve more expensive problems later. This also gives you time to save if your system is aging.
When you are looking for an updated air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to choose the right unit for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to request your service? Give us a call at 859-905-0834 or schedule an appointment online now.