Planning routine AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Tune-ups keep your AC equipment in Sharonville operating at its best performance while keeping energy consumption small. It also could even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple jobs you can finish by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Knochelmann Service Experts, for AC checks and service.
Here are a couple steps you can do on your own as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that includes a large dose of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer weather near, it’s also a great idea to add AC tune-ups on that listing.
Spring is the best season to get your air conditioning equipment scrubbed and checked out. Hesitating to flip it on until the first hot day of the summer can be dicey. If you have to have repair or a new unit, you might be waiting a long time for a technician. And that might get extremely uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh cooling system will help ensure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioning service could be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the best order:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and can lower your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn work near the exterior condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, because this can block airflow.
Let the Experts Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Knochelmann Service Experts at 859-905-0834, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure secure comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid decreased airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any blockage from dust and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your system is turning on, cooling and shutting down properly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that need additional work, we are set to provide you the most economical choice. Locating potential issues promptly can solve more expensive problems later. This also gives you time to save if your AC is getting older.
When you are seeking a modern air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to locate the right system for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your service? Give us a call at 859-905-0834 or schedule an appointment online now.