4 Tips for Saving Energy in Sharonville This Summer
Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your heating or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of suggestions for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping bills less expensive.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility expenses down.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving features in updated cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your power charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your energy cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can do several other methods to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and correct the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also change the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the right product for your space. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
How to Pick Out a Good HVAC System
In terms of keeping your home comfortable during every season, nothing is more critical than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This choice impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and general home efficiency. Then again, with so many... Continue reading
Annual HVAC Maintenance List
As soon as the air starts to get cold, you know it’s time to prepare your home for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is crucial to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you desire while using a smaller amount of energy. Routine inspections... Continue reading
Heating and Cooling Trends in 2024
In the ever-evolving world of home HVAC, keeping up with the current HVAC trends is imperative for homeowners who want to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Looking into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends aimed at changing how residents... Continue reading