Spring is beautiful for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for fresh air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your furnace or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Sharonville and keeping costs low.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and reduce costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is a definite benefit for keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can try a few other approaches to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 859-905-0834 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the best product for your space. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.