Spring is beautiful for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for fresh air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your furnace or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are some tips for saving energy in Sharonville and keeping costs low.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and lower costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power costs down.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving features in updated cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can take advantage of a couple other approaches to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs low. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 859-905-0834 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the right fit for your space. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.